MUFTI SYED ZAHID SIRAJ
Mufti Syed Zahid Siraj has 27 years of in-depth research, Ifta & professional experience. Being a Member of the Shari’ah Board and Ifta, Mr. Siraj has diversified experience of Islamic Banking & Finance, Shariah Audit & Compliance, and Takaful & Islamic Fund Management etc.
Mr. Siraj has professional, religious and contemporary education including Darajah Al-Ijazah Al-Aliyah from a reputed religious institution. Mr. Siraj was also awarded Shahadah Al-Takhassus Fil-Fiqh & Sanad-ul-Faragh wal-Ijazah Fil-Hadith. He holds Masters in Islamic Studies from University of Karachi, Masters in Economics and MA in Arabic & Islamic Culture (Equivalence) from University of Sindh. He holds various certifications including Certified Islamic Banker (CIB), Certified Takaful Professional (CTP) and Certificate in Shari’ah Audit and Compliance (CSAC).
Before joining U Bank as Shari’ah Advisor, he had been associated with Al Baraka Bank (Pakistan) Limited as Head of Internal Shari’ah Audit.
His other current engagements include;
- Shari’ah Board Member – Dawood Family Takaful Limited
- Shari’ah Advisor – IGI Insurance Limited, Window Takaful Operations
- Member Board of Studies – University of Karachi
- Head Mufti Dar-ul-Ifta – Al Arqum Riaz-ul-Uloom, Karachi
- Founder & Chairman – Research & Ifta Academy, Karachi
- Member Shari’ah Board – Saylani Welfare Trust International
- Secretary General – Idara-i-Tahqeeqat-e-Imam Ahmad Raza, Karachi