At U Bank, our vision is to become the preferred partner of our Customers by providing a culture of fairness in Customer dealing and the protection of the Customers. The purpose of this policy is to provide our Customer quality and innovative range of banking products without discrimination, maintaining fairness in charges, clarity in communication developing service culture, and designing effective grievance handling mechanism through highly motivated and trained team of professionals.
Fair Treatment to Customers (FTC) is a policy mandated by the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) and therefore at U Bank we strive to achieve the following:
- To protect the interests of our Customers at each stage of the product life cycle.
- To ensure that promotional material is accurate, truthful, clear, jargon free, and appropriately targeted.
- To ensure that the sales staff has gone through training on all the products they advise on or sell, understand who they are and aren’t suitable for, and are encouraged to challenge product providers where they spot inconsistencies, ambiguities, or potential unfairness in the product literature or product features.
- To find ways to encourage non-sales staff to implement FTC in their day to day financial and non-financial activities.
- To ensure that Customer complaints are assessed fairly, promptly, impartially, and in line with SBP guidelines and circulars issued from time to time.
- To ensure that FTC values, which are set and communicated by senior management, are supported by all staff and understood in the same way.